Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Help!

Ok, so some would say I am a bit of an avid reader.  I have to read at night before I go to bed so as you can imagine I go through some books.  I just bought 2 crappy books from wal mart because I ran out of books to read.  I need some suggestions... Here is a list of what I've read so far this year to give you kind of an idea of what I like to read.  And yes, when you look at what I read you could be fooled into thinking I'm a dork.  I am not, at least I don't think so.
Watchmen
Harry Potter and Sorcerors Stone
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Double Cross
The Princess Bride
Friday Night Lights  (As of Feb 22)
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (As of March 22)
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Half blood Prince
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (As of May)
Dune 
The Partner by John Grisham
The Last Gunslinger by Stephen King
The Legend of Bagger Vance (As of July 20)

Ok blog fans hit me with something, I'm counting on you!

6 comments:

  1. Have you ever read The Firm by John Grisham? It is probably my favorite of his books.
    Also, Stephanie Meyer has another book called The Host and I really loved that. I am reading things for school right now, so I just finished Charlotte's Web and am on to James and the Giant Peach, but I am assuming you don't want to catch up on your third grade literature :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "The Testament" by J. Grisham is great. So is a book that doesn't sound great but is. It's called "King Dork" and is about this high school kid who is, well, a dork. Very well written and highly entertaining. Anything by Nick Hornby is good reading. Start with "High Fidelity." Want something serious? Try "The Corrections." Wow. Incredible prose about a dysfunctional family. It will have you thinking. Wanna blow your mind? Try reading "The Autobiography of Malcolm X" and make an informed decision about who you think the man really was. Want more? I can give you more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Johnny, long time no see. Stumbled upon your blog and I enjoy reading. I would suggest, "Same Kind of Different as Me", by Ron Hall and Denver Moore. Keep posting. I hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grisham is cute if you are into torts and property disputes. I would like to introduce you to Mitch Rapp. He is a sick spy that makes Jason Bourne look like a chump. You need to borrow or buy any of the dozen in the Vince Flynn series. You need to do this soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jon,
    I found your blog and love it. Blue Like Jazz and The Shack are my two favorites right now. I think you would totally identify with Blue Like Jazz. I read it twice in a row, I loved it so much.
    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Poisonwood Bible

    Also, you'll be proud to know that I also read the H Pot books this year.. except for book 7. Jon, I couldn't even pick up the book after Dumbledore died. I just can't go on.

    ReplyDelete