Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Start of Something Good

So my brother in law Joe has faithfully written a blog for a few years now and has quite the following.  He and his family are going through some changes and the time he allots to blog will be greatly diminished. That being the case I have decided to take up where he is leaving off.  Before you get excited I will warn you that my posts will be quite different from his, but I figured I should keep it in the family.  
Game 1 of Lakers vs Nuggs was last night and as you can see from title, it was a good one.  I was working and so didn't get to tune in until mid-way through the 3rd and when I did the Nuggs held the upper hand.  As we know it didn't end that way as Kob went off late and Ariza of all people made some great defensive plays. This series has potential to be more like Celtics-Bulls than Lakers-Rockets and thats a great thing.  While Kobe was great and I will always love him, what I was most impressed with last night was Mello.  He finally proved that he belongs in the conversation with Kobe, Lebron and Dwade.  The latter two and Anthony all came in the league together in one of the best draft classes of all time.  The debate back then was who was going to be the best out of these.  Since then Mello has fallen back from the other two, from what seems mostly a lack of motivation and desire.  I think he's found what he lacked.  It was impressive to watch him overpower Kobe (who when he tries is the best defensive player in the NBA) in the post and even take on the challenge of guarding Kobe himself.  Regardless of how this series plays out, it will be remembered as Mello's coming out party.  

No comments:

Post a Comment