Sunday, May 17, 2009

Yes, I did

So I've joined the blog world.  I realize I am a latecomer to this sensation that has swept the nation but I decided there was no use putting it off any longer.  Writing a blog has become some sort of right of passage into adult hood, and being on the verge of adulthood myself I decided to indulge.  As to the sort of things that will appear on this blog, your guess is as good as mine. 

As I sit on my porch and borrow Internet from the neighbors on this beautiful spring day my thoughts stray to the rapidly approaching L.A. Houston game 7.  After watching "Kobe Doing Work" last night on ESPN my incredible respect for Kobe only increased.  I really enjoyed getting to see the side of basketball that we aren't often shown.  The true floor general that Kobe is was obvious as he shouted instructions, bantered with the opposition and stood up for his teammates.  His leadership didn't stop there as he continued to discuss tactics with his mates during time outs.  I mean does Phil Jackson even do anything?  Needless to say, if LA does not advance today it will be a shame, and also a deprivation of something special for basketball fans.  I love intriguing match ups, and it doesn't get much better than Kobe vs Carmello, then vs Lebron.  It took Mello long enough to join the party but he is finally here and I would hate to see Denver just walk over Houston, so please Lakers, come to play today.  

1 comment:

  1. What?! J Heintz has a blog?! Bring it! And hopefully you'll use as many exclamation points as I do!

    As for the Lakers, too bad they don't have heart. Seriously, it has so much potential but those guys don't give a darn. I want them to win but aren't optimistic about their chances v the Nuggets. No heart. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete